Verification

March 4, 2011

Fellowship

After a very long week of you name it, the weekend is finally here. Well, the days are any way. I along with a few other individuals have committed to teaching an after-school program. Although there is a lot of paper work involved, we are a faithful little team that by the grace of God always manage to pull things off. I guess tonight I have an attitude of gratitude.
 As I continue to live this life, I find that truly we cannot make it in this world by yourself.  When I was a child I thought like a child, I acted like a child; however, as I continue to live I find that I must put away childish things if I am to fulfill God's divine plan in my life. When you are a young adult and trying to prove to your parents, your peers, and most importantly yourself that "I can do this on my own and I don't need anyone else's help"  soon learn over time that no one is really a self-made anything. It is the relationships that you cultivate that make you successful. Down through the years there have been people that have helped me meet my goals and believed in me.
As I enter into another  cross road in my life, I now find that I am where I need to be. That is truly understanding that no man is an island, no man stands alone, each man must be a brother or sister to her fellow man and give a helping hand. To those of you that work with me, I want to say thank you for all that you do to make what we do a success.
A special shout out to my husband for always being there despite whatever. Thanks for doing you and for doing it so well.
No man is an Island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the Continent, a part of the main; if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friends or of thine own were; any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankind; And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee.
John Donne, Meditation XVII English clergyman & poet (1572 - 1631)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx2sBRjLAhg

No comments:

Post a Comment